Employers are working hard to retain great employees they’ve worked so hard to recruit and train. Job satisfaction is important for sure, however, there are some other great incentives to fully and freely caffeinate the crew!
1. A recent study shows that workers are more fulfilled at work if they get freebies. Employees are more enthusiastic about their job if they’re feeling appreciated. A surprising 37% of employees polled said they would choose free coffee at work over a staff Christmas Party!
2. Investing in that coffee break could offer long term benefits that will help retain great employees. Numerous studies have suggested that caffeine has many health benefits including a valuable memory boost.
3. Your workers will learn faster. A recent psychology study done at the University of Erlangen in Germany showed that small amounts of caffeine help us process information more quickly.
4. Caffeine blocks adenosine, a compound in our brains that cause drowsiness. That quick coffee break improves alertness and mental performance, which makes for a more effective day at the office.
5. Simply put coffee makes us happy. Literally. A Duke University study showed that caffeine can elevate your adrenaline levels.
Is coffee really the key factor needed to retain great employees?
Not on it’s own, but considering that 86 percent of full-time workers drink coffee in the U.S. and most of that is consumed during work hours, this gives us ‘grounds’ to believe that the coffee break brings many “happy returns’ as happier employees are proven to be 20% more productive than those not content during their working hours.
*Josh Kent is a successful entrepreneur, business owner and sought after motivational speaker. If you are interested in having him at your event, or business, please check out his speaking engagement information.